JP MediSpa(“we” and “us” and “our”) recognizes the importance of protecting and securing your personal information.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information relating to you – for example when you enquire about or purchasing a Product or Service (by phone, in person or electronically), when you interact with us via phone, email, mail, website, complete any survey/application forms, or enter any of our competitions or special promotions/activities or via social media. In most instances, we collect personal information directly from you.
Any information submitted by you will be used only to process orders and improve our products and services.
Under no circumstance will we rent, sell, or share any information provided by you to any third party without your permission. Our site uses an order form for customers to request a booking or information. Contact information from the order forms is used to get in touch with you to confirm the booking or when necessary.
How Information Is Used
The information we collect from you may be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business, primarily being:
To hold a record via your Client Profile of the Services and Products consumed both in our clinics and at home to provide you with a high level of service, recommendations relevant to your skin, and to have a record should you suffer an adverse reaction to a particular Product.
What additional information might be collected about our customers?
In addition to the above information, we may collect healthcare provider details, subscriber status, and credit card number (when purchasing products or services) take before and after photographs of you, write file notes about your skin, your treatment, medical conditions and your leisure activities. Personal information may also be collected from third parties such as your other health practitioners.
In addition, we use your personal information:
- To improve and personalise your experience with us.
- To communicate with you and answer any questions or provide information or advice.
- To allocate Points to your Client Profile.
- To run competitions, carry out surveys and research (either on our own or with third parties).
- For warranty and Product recall purposes.
- To contact you about Products and Services that we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us in writing not to).
- For staff training and quality control.
- To undertake administrative and operational functions and for fraud, loss and theft prevention.
- To comply with the law and any directions given by authorities.
- To investigate any breach of any of our Terms or any suspected unlawful activity.
- Generally to customise your experience with us (online and in clinic).
Sharing Your Information
Recipients of your personal information may include:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary for them to carry out their duties.
- Our suppliers for delivery, warranty and recall purposes.
- Anyone who hosts or maintains data, service platforms or other systems on our behalf, where your information is processed.
- Persons who we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services.
We may also share with third parties aggregated user statistics and other information that does not personally identify you.
How We Hold & Protect Your Personal Information
We will retain your information for as long as we need to carry out the purposes noted above, or longer if we are required to do so by law.
Your personal information is held in either hard copy or electronically in our computer systems and databases. This includes software, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions.
We may use third-party service providers to store your personal information and provide us with services. This means that we may transfer personal information, or access it from, countries other than New Zealand with laws that may not be as comprehensive as the laws of New Zealand. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third-party service providers we use meet our privacy and security expectations.
You have the right to access and seek correction of your personal information held by us at any time. Please send full details of your request to email@example.com or the customer service manager at clinic.
If you request us to, or if we deem that we should no longer hold your personal information as we no longer need it, we will take reasonable steps to ensure its deletion from our systems. This will include deleting your profile and any related details from any third party service providers that we use to store your personal information. Any printed or written material we have on hand will be shredded via an electronic shredder held within each clinic.
How to make a complaint